With regards to the COVID-19 pandemic, Calgary Northside Soccer will follow the guidelines set out by the governing bodies of soccer and AB Health.
Below is the notification sent by CMSA.
Good afternoon parents, teams, volunteers, and member-clubs,
Over the past two years, we have worked closely with Alberta Soccer and Alberta Health Services to keep our youth on the field. Following the provincial announcement yesterday, CMSA would like to make all participants aware of the following changes (‘Step 1’) in the easing of the public health measures that are effective today, February 9:
Removal of Restrictions Exemption Program (REP)
- A government issued QR code, negative COVID-19 test result or medical exemption is no longer required for entry into sport and recreation facilities. This applies to all players, team officials, referees, and spectators.
- Sport and recreation facilities must limit capacity to 50%. We appreciate your support in keeping the number of spectators reduced to ensure compliance with the provincial restriction.
- Please note that the Macron Performance Centre has a one spectator per player limit in effect.
- Masks remain mandatory for coaches, referees, spectators, and players.
- Players may only remove their mask when they arrive to the field.
- Effective February 14: children 12 and under are not required to wear a mask in any setting. This however is a provincial directive, and the mask bylaw is still in effect for the City of Calgary. The City of Calgary Face Covering Bylaw (63M2021) requires everyone over two years of age to wear a mask in indoor public spaces.
Food and beverage
- Food and beverage consumption is permitted in a seated setting with a maximum of 10 people per table.
Screen for symptoms
- There have been no changes to the symptom screening procedure. Please refer to Alberta Soccer’s screening guidelines: https://albertasoccer.com/covid-19-updates-2-2/.
CMSA will continue to clarify and communicate any further changes as we receive updates and/or as the province moves towards Step 2 and Step 3 in the easing of public health measures.
Thank you all for your continued support and understanding.
Calgary Minor Soccer Association