With regards to the COVID-19 pandemic, Calgary Northside Soccer will follow the guidelines set out by the governing bodies of soccer. The Provincial Government has banned all public events until further notice. At the end of the season, CNS will issue refunds as long as ALL costs for the fiscal year has been covered.
Below is the last notification sent by CMSA on January 22, 2021. We will continue to update the website as news is relayed to us:
Good morning club president’s, technical directors and club administrators,
As communicated by the Government of Alberta and Alberta Health Services, no changes will be made to the current restrictions in place. ASA’s suspension of all in-person soccer activities will continue until further notice.
We know that you have questions regarding the indoor and outdoor season, please see the information below:
2020-2021 Indoor Season
- Games will continue to be cancelled until the suspension on competition play has lifted.
- Should we return to soccer in a phased in approach, such as Return to Train, CMSA scheduled field time for games will be allocated to the scheduled home teams of each game so teams can use the time and space for training.
- CMSA league games will resume immediately when able to do so. For example: IF the government announces on Feb. 1 that games can resume on Feb. 2, 2021, CMSA games will resume on Feb. 2, 2021 with the scheduled games.
- The season has been extended until April 15, 2021.
2021 Outdoor Season
- The 2021 Program Calendar and League Structure will be communicated as the 2021-2023 Technical Plan is published.
Although yesterday’s announcement is disappointing, CMSA remains ready to resume the season when the public health authorities ease the current restrictions and state that it is safe for sport to resume.
Thank you, CMSA