With regards to the COVID-19 pandemic, Calgary Northside Soccer will follow the guidelines set out by the governing bodies of soccer.
Below is the last notification sent by CMSA on April 8, 2021 at 8:18pm. We will continue to update the website as news is relayed to us:
Please see the updated notice from Alberta Soccer Associating regarding the GOA decision to not allow the splitting of fields. This decision was reversed late this afternoon.
Through significant public pressure from within the greater sport community (including what I am told is thousands of soccer people) and with support from Alberta Health we have managed to push the GOA back into allowing field splitting in the manner that was previously being used under the 8&2 model...
- Maximum of 10 total individuals, including all coaches, trainers, and participants.
- Indoor and outdoor playing surfaces (for example, arena, field, court or swimming pool) may be occupied by more than one youth group, as long as 3-metres of physical distancing can be maintained between groups of 10 and the groups do not intermingle.
- Physical distancing must be maintained between participants at all times:
- 3 metres physical distance for indoor activities
- 2 metres physical distance for outdoor activities
- coaches or trainers may enter physical distancing space for brief interactions with participants (for example, to correct form or technique)