With regards to the COVID-19 pandemic, Calgary Northside Soccer will follow the guidelines set out by the governing bodies of soccer.
CNS has made the decision to adopt the Restriction Exemption Program. Effective Friday, October 1st, 2021, CNS will require all participants in the Competitive and Grassroots / Training program aged 12 and older to show proof of one of the following in order to participate in the program:
- Government-issued proof of COVID-19 single vaccination as long as the latest dose was given two (2) or more weeks prior to attendance.
- Note that after October 25th, proof of COVID-19 double vaccination will be required.
- Note that government-issued ID will also be required to authenticate proof of vaccination.
- Proof of a negative COVID-19 test, taken within the previous 72 hours prior to entrance (either PCR or Rapid Test).
- Documentation of a medical exemption.
Below is the last notification sent by CMSA on September 08, 2021.
- Under 18 years of age INDOOR and OUTDOOR contact activities are permitted for games, scrimmages and contact play without on field restrictions.
- Under 18 years of age INDOOR ACTIVITIES - Restrictions Exemption Program MAY be implemented by ASA Members, requiring individuals (team personnel, bench person, and referees) to provide government-issued proof of immunization - single dose accepted between September 20 and October 25 if received 2 weeks before time of event; double doses required after October 25; or a negative privately paid COVID-19 test from within the previous 72 hours in order to access a variety of participating social, recreational and discretionary events and businesses throughout the province.
Masks (REQUIREMENT if not applying the Restriction Exemption Program)
- Masks are mandatory when not on the indoor field of play if 2 metres distancing cannot be maintained.
- Players may remove masks during active training/play but are required to wear masks until they enter the field of play (which includes the bench area) as well as when entering /exiting the field/facility
- Coaches may remove masks while actively coaching if maintaining the 2 metres physical distancing from players but must wear a mask if entering physical distancing space for brief interactions
- INDOORS: Mask must be worn at all times except on the field of play.
- OUTDOORS: Programming can proceed without restrictions; ASA Members are to be respectful of personal choice and comfort levels.
Physical Distancing (REQUIREMENT if not applying the Restriction Exemption Program)
- INDOOR: Physical distancing of 2 metres must be maintained at all times between all participants when not actively on the field of play which includes the bench area.
Coaches/trainers may enter physical distancing space for brief interactions with participants to correct form or technique and provide guidance during games/training sessions but must wear a mask during the interaction.
- OUTDOOR: Training can continue without restrictions.