Skip to content

COVID-19 2020.03.25

With regards to the COVID-19 pandemic, Calgary Northside Soccer will follow the guidelines set out by the governing bodies of soccer.

Hello Club Admins, Presidents, and TD’s.

In response to the COVID -19 pandemic, CMSA will be postponing the outdoor season by 1 month. As Canada Soccer has suspended all soccer activity until further notice we are unable to commit to a season start date at this time, but are certain that it will not be May 2nd.  We have worked on a contingency plan that will have us deliver an 8-10 game season.  Attached please find our revised 2020 Outdoor Program Calendar.

Summary of significant changes:

  • CMSA will deliver an 8-10 game season.
  • Team entry fees will be revised accordingly.
  • CMSA will not declare any teams for Tier IV Provincials - There is not enough time to complete games leading up to the Tier IV provincial competition date. U13-U19 Tier IV will play until July 30, in alignment with U13 – U19 Tier I-III.
  • If additional postponement of the league is required in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, CMSA staff will make the call on April 30, and will communicate a revised plan accordingly.

CMSA asks that you please keep the program calendar document internal until these dates are confirmed, as CMSA abides by the suspension of soccer activities by Canada Soccer and the recommendations of Alberta Health Services.

We will be sharing a summary of the contingency plan for parents to access via our website and social media in the next couple of days, and would appreciate you sharing on your website and social media as well.

We care about you!

You are doing awesome!

We are here to support you, CMSA